Wednesday, March 05, 2008

10,000 BC? I Can Wait.

After seeing the preview for this movie before the very uneven, I Am Legend, I was less than impressed. Now after seeing the previews ad nausea since, I am even less so—especially after a ridiculous preview I caught on The N channel while watching Degrassi with my son. First the preview on The N included some silly teenybopper voice over by the female character talking about her boyfriend, played by Steven Strait and how her parents hate him because he does graffiti, which she then reveals is Cave Art and his hair is so perfect and stuff. Even my 14-year-old son asked if that was going to be in the movie (the voice over). I told him that, no it was only for the commercial. Then he said that was good because he wanted to see the movie before he saw that preview.


For kicks I compared 10,000 BC to The Clan of the Cave Bear on IMDB:


The Clan of the Cave Bear Plot Outline: A young Cro-Magnons woman is raised by Neanderthals.

10,000 BC Plot Outline: A prehistoric epic that follows a young mammoth hunter's journey through uncharted territory to secure the future of his tribe.


The Clan of the Cave Bear Release Date: 17 January 1986

10,000 BC Release Date: 7 March 2008


The Clan of the Cave Bear User Comments: Very entertaining.

10,000 BC User Comments: Waste of time.


The Clan of the Cave Bear Awards: Nominated for Oscar.

10,000 BC Awards: Don’t hold your breath.


Now that’s just cruel.

No comments: